Monday 29 September 2014

September 21-27

Writing count: none!  Vacation time.

Steven King says he does 100 words per day, weekends, holidays, family time.  That's great for him.

I can't do it.  I need periodic breaks.

I find some time away helps me to be more objective and lessens the roller-coaster of emotional ups and downs (it's brilliant, it's crap, it's brilliant, it's crap).  Every writer I know goes through the exact same cycle.  Fear of discovering your work wasn't as good as you thought can end up holding you back.  But I find that if I give myself these little breaks, I come back with fresh eyes and I can see both the good points and the flaws.

Now it is time to buckle down and get Revelations ready for the next stage.  Starting next week, I'll let you know how many chapters I've revised.

No comments:

Post a Comment