Monday 20 October 2014

October 12 to 18

Weekly update:
Chapters revised: 17 (out of 35)
Days to deadline: 52

I'm starting to think I just might pull this off.  Which probably means disaster is about to strike.  But it's honestly going much easier than I was afraid it was going to.

I put Revelations aside to start on the sequel back at the end of July.  At the time, I knew I had some problems with the manuscript but I thought I had the best possible solutions to them.

After six weeks away, things seem much clearer.  It's easy to see that this scene which was causing me difficulty can just be cut.  Or that scene needs to be expanded. 

But I don't think it's just the time away.  I think it's also having the editor's notes.  I find it easy to get trapped inside my own head and expectations.  Having a different perspective on something makes it easier to see around my own blind spots.

Either way, I'm pleased.  The story is coming together better than I'd hoped.

A friend of mine challenged me to get off my butt and start contacting book review sites to see if any of them will review an Advance Review Copy.  Sadly, I have not lived up to the challenge as yet but I'm going to push myself to do it before another week is out.

No comments:

Post a Comment