Monday 13 July 2015

Weekly Update: July 5 to 11

Weekly word count: 8100

Consider this a happy dance moment.  The end of Metamorphosis is calling to me and demanding to be written.  I've shoved aside a lot of other stuff this week to do it and it has paid off.  I'm getting close to the end.

I have another 10 000 to 15 000 words to write, according to my outline.  Then I have to go back and put everything together for consistency, check for overused words, make sure I have enough description and character reactions.  Only then can I slap a "done" on my first draft and send it to the editing process.  It's a lot and I'm looking at my original deadlines and feeling the pressure.

In an interview, musician Bon Jovi said that writing his first album was easy.  He had all the time in the world to do it.  The pressure began with his second album.  Because now he was in the public eye and balancing promotion and writing and he had to make his deadlines.  I get what he was talking about.

I really want to have this draft done by the August long weekend.  So I'm going to be going quiet, I think.  Except for my weekly quote cards and blog posts, I'm hunkering down. 

No comments:

Post a Comment