Monday 17 August 2015

Weekly update: August 9 to 15

Weekly word count: 1200
Editing countdown: 2 chapters edited, 14 of 23 completed

I'm trying not to be disappointed in myself.  I wanted to get 3 chapters  of Metamorphosis edited this week as well as continue to work on the sequel to Whispers In the Dark.  However, one of the chapters I edited had to be almost completely rewritten, so it took me 4 days to get it right.  I still need to keep pushing myself though.  There are only 3 more weeks of summer left before my self-imposed deadline to have the draft done.

I am pleased with how the sequel for Whispers is coming along.  I didn't get much written but I did spend a day building a detailed outline.  I want to continue with trying to write (although I've learned from experience not to write in the same universe when I'm trying to edit as my brain gets confused between story lines).  I'll give it another week before I put aside the writing to focus exclusively on editing.

I'm also starting to think I need to take a break from reading articles and listening to lectures about how to improve my sales.  Apparently, I'm doing everything wrong.  Either I'm not spending enough money, or I'm not focused enough on my brand (or too focused on my brand).  It just leaves me feeling depressed and hopeless.  In the end, I don't think anyone really knows why one book takes off and others don't.  There's no magic formula, only readers recommending the books to other readers.

The important thing is to keep offering quality stories.

No comments:

Post a Comment