Monday 2 November 2015

Weekly Update: October 25 to 31: Photos of Can-Con

Weekly word count: 1100
Editing countdown: 10 chapters out of 23 (3 last week), deadline December 9th

I was relatively pleased at myself for managing to make my editing goal.  I'm still falling short on my weekly word count goals, but hopefully I can improve that soon.

This weekend was Can-Con and I had a fantastic time.  A big shoutout and thank you to the organizers, Derek and Marie, for putting together a great conference.  It was my first time having a vendor table at a big multi-day event and I think it went great.  I sold out of almost my entire stock.  I only came home with one book.


But the real fun came with the people I met.  Unfortunately, I always think of getting photos after the fact!  So I want to give a shout out to my neighbours, Tyche Books and the Ottawa Browncoats.  Tyche had Pat Flewwelling and Lisa Toohey at their table and those ladies were a hoot.  We had a lot of fun luring people to our tables with free candy.


And it was a real pleasure hanging out with my fellow ORWAns and tablemates, Eve Langlais and S.M. McEachern.


 
Nathan Bourgoine and I got to share some funny comments and tweets at the Police Procedural workshop.  He's a hilarious guy and I loved his Where's Waldo costume.  And I met my first fan, a reader who picked up my book in June and wanted to tell me how much she enjoyed it.  It made my day!
 
I enjoyed being part of panels for Portrayals of Autism in Popular Fiction, sharing my favourite authors on the Romance Readers Panel and talking about my publishing journey in New Revenue for Self-Published Authors.
 
And one lucky person who stopped by our table will be winning a free set of ebooks.  I can't wait to find out who.
 
I can't say enough about what a great time I had and I'm looking forward to coming back next year.

1 comment:

  1. It was my first time in the dealers room as well, and I have to say it was fantastic, Pat and I kept commenting on just how amazing all the other vendors were, the support and care everyone showed was fantastic. It wasn't about competing with each other for sales, it was about loving books and having a good time. Can Con is definitely a must do event for me every year now! Hope to see you all again at Ad Astra!

    ReplyDelete