Tuesday 1 March 2016

Weekly Update: Feb 21 to 27

Weekly word count: 5500 words

This week was one of those good weeks where the words just flow.  I had two 2000 word days and a 1500 one.  Unfortunately, I had to lose two of my writing days due to appointments and wanting to not get fired from my day job.  (My boss is pretty good, but even she's going to notice if I get more than a week behind on returning calls.)

The second Spirit Sight short story is nearly done for the first draft.  Hopefully I can get it all wrapped up for next week and get back to Inquisition.

Sales for Metamorphosis are going well and I've even had my first successful Square transactions, using my phone to process credit cards.  This really makes it easier to deal with more spontaneous requests (although I have to make sure I have the reader accessory with me).  I've got a bunch of friends and family coming over next weekend to pick up their copies, which should be a lot of fun.

I've still been having a lot of challenges finding stock photos for my RWA workshop handout (I can only use photos I own the rights to).  I think I'm going to have to do something with my own photos.  I caught myself looking at my husband's eighteen inch fully articulated Tron action figures and wondering if I could use them to demonstrate different types of hugs.  My kids have a lot of toys, surely some of them could be stand ins ... we'll see.

I've also been setting up the final details of my promotion campaign with Pub-Craft.  I've got my quote cards done, my blog posts written and a selection of tweets and facebook posts ready to share.

And last but not least, I got my provisional membership in PAN, the Published Author's Network, with Romance Writers of America.  This entitles me to take the specialized PAN workshops when I'm at the annual conference in San Diego, as well as access to some special events.  All in all, it's been a pretty good week.

2 comments:

  1. Check DeviantArt's stock artists - most of their photos and images only pop up if you are searching using the site's search and not Google. Many of them allow use of their photos under Creative Commons licensing, which should satisfy your teaching/illustrating a point needs. senshistock is one of my go-tos for drawing poses and interactions.

    ReplyDelete