Monday 30 May 2016

Weekly Update: May 22 to 28

Weekly word count: 4600

I got myself a new toy, the program Scrivener.  It basically allows me to create a digital copy of my notebooks and cue cards, as well as a word processing program.  Although I still prefer Word for writing, I think Scrivener will be useful for creating detailed outlines of my previous books and a database for characters and locations.  As a compulsive organizer, I've had to resist the impulse to spend all my time transcribing information into Scrivener.  Instead I'm taking it slow, saving my writing time for actual writing.

The end of the school year is fast approaching, which makes me nervous.  It's always harder to write during the summer.  And unfortunately, Inquisition isn't going as smoothly as I'd hoped.  If I don't have the draft ready for editing by August 1, then I won't be able to make my February deadline for publication.  I'll just have to buckle down and try to punch out some more work before school lets out.

Prose in the Park is next week and I"m looking forward to it.  Both because it was fun last year but also because it's the last in my spring events.  I'm going to be in tent five this year, for anyone who wants to drop by.

No comments:

Post a Comment