Monday 13 June 2016

Weekly Update: June 5 to 11

Weekly word count: 5900

I'd been struggling for awhile and decided to go back two chapters.  That was the last place I'd felt things were moving easily.  I spent a day deciding how to rearrange things to still hit my critical plot points.  After that, the words came much easier, so I think it was the right decision.

There's three weeks left of school and then the disruptions of summer begin.  Hopefully this change will continue to keep things moving quickly and Inquisition won't be further delayed.

It's been a bit of difficult week for me aside from the writing challenges.  I've been disappointed in how one of the organizers for Prose in the Park has reacted to the difficulties from the event.  It's making me reconsider going back to that event next year.  I don't want to lose the opportunity to speak to local readers but at the same time, I don't want to subject myself to being the target for anyone's grudge.

But I'm not going to dwell on it.  There is at least six months for things to die down and hopefully the situation will resolve.

Meanwhile, I know there's nothing I can do to change the situation and so I'm going to concentrate on the area I do have control over: my writing and making sure I can produce a quality book and series.

No comments:

Post a Comment