Monday 25 July 2016

Weekly Update: July 17 to 23

Weekly word count: 6500

It's taken me awhile to work through the laundry, dayjob backlog and all the other little details which went undone while I was at RWA, but I'm back on top of things now.

I had a great lunch with Teresa Morgan and she offered me some great advice on how to move forward with Inquisition.  And I had a post-heartbreak emergency milkshake with Julie Evelyn Joyce and heard some great stories about her mom, who has recently passed.  So I didn't get too much social withdrawal after the social whirlwind of RWA.

Now comes a "live your dream" couple of weeks for me.  My day job is going on two weeks of shutdown, my kids are at the cottage with their grandparents, and I'm going to have my own personal writing retreat.  I'm going to live as if I was a full time writer and see what kind of production I can manage.

I'm off to a good start.  I did 4100 words on Saturday.  I'm hoping to do at least 3000 words per day.  My new target to have my first draft done is September 1st.  Hopefully these two weeks will get me a lot closer.

No comments:

Post a Comment