Monday 19 September 2016

Weekly update: September 11 to 17

Weekly word count: 3300

First off, congratulations to Agnes C who won the draw for the $20 gift card at Can-Con.  It's lots of fun being the prize-giver.  :)  I hope she finds something that she really enjoys.  I know I'd spend it all on books, but I hear that Amazon sells other stuff, too.  

Now, back to the writing update.  Between Can-Con preparations and back-to-school drama, my day job got kind of crunched for the first two weeks of September.  So this week required some overtime to get back on track.

However, I insisted on taking time to write, which meant that I spent four hours on Saturday morning locked in my room while my husband did the single parent gig.  4 hours, 3300 words.  A fairly good result and one I'm pleased with.

I'm working on the final draft for Rose on the Grave right now and eagerly awaiting my cover for Inquisition and the first round of edits.  I've also been doing some plotting for the first book in a new series, which I think might be something that I can pitch to traditional publishers.  I'm also thinking about book 4 of the Lalassu.

The new series would focus on the individuals who have to investigate and deal with superpowered individuals but may or may not be gifted themselves.  A sort of X-files vs X-men kind of approach.  

I have my new cover for Rose on the Grave and it looks awesome.  Once again, Samianne has done a fantastic job.  I can't wait to share it all with you, which is why I've made myself a deal.  I can share the cover once the new draft is done.

Next weekend, September 25th is the Ottawa Romance Writer's panel on How to Write a Romance Novel at Ben Franklin Place (2-4 pm).  It's going to be very informative and I get to host, which should be fun.

No comments:

Post a Comment