Monday 28 November 2016

Weekly Update: Nov 20 to 26

Weekly word count: 2000

Editing countdown: All chapters done, 7 days until deadline

First round of edits are done and I think Inquisition is now solid.  Next is the line edit, which will go through the manuscript with a fine-toothed comb and catch any errors.

It will take 3-4 weeks for the line edit to get back to me, which means I should get it back after the holidays.  Which gives me a month to concentrate on the new manuscript, as well as begin serious plotting on Book Four of the Lalassu.

Now comes my least favourite part of the whole book creation process: doing all the incidental writing: back blurb, legal disclaimer, front matter, back matter, etc.  But at least it's offset by also getting to set up ARC reviews and other promotional stuff.  It's nice getting to hear back what people think of the story and I know there are a number of people who have been eagerly awaiting it.  It's almost there.  Promise.

No comments:

Post a Comment