Monday 7 November 2016

Weekly Update: Oct 30 to Nov 5

Weekly word count: 2100

Editing countdown: 6 chapters this week, total 29 chapters done, 28 days to go

I've gotten the first five chapters done of my new manuscript.  Still no idea for titles.  It's now time to start doing some serious research on the music industry and the process of creating a tour and making a record.

I took Hallowe'en off from editing and writing and we all had a great time.  My two boys enjoyed showing off their costumes to the various neighbours.  Now we know who is a Whovian in our little neck of the woods.

Unfortunately I didn't get to go to the Author's Lounge last week, mainly because I thought it was on Sunday and it was actually on Saturday.  I felt so embarrassed but luckily, there will be another one next month.

I did get to go to the ORWA meeting and it was amazing.  Eve had plenty of good tips and advice.  The biggest challenge with promotion today is that anything effective is quickly swamped by authors, drowning out potential readers.

Next week, plan is to buckle down.  I'm a little bummed out with not being able to participate in NaNoWriMo this month.  It always hits during editing season but I'm rooting for all my friends and fans who are participating.  Keep me posted on your progress!

No comments:

Post a Comment