Monday 6 February 2017

January 29th to February 4th

Weekly word count: 5100

Bam!  Got it this week.  And we had a great ORWA meeting.  Sgt. Garneau came to share his expertise in forensics and blood spatter patterns.  It's amazing what can be learned from a little drop of blood.  He even walked us through some sample cases to show how what can seem obvious can actually be misleading.

It's been a good week for me.  The fourth book of the lalassu is coming along nicely.  I like this part, when the characters are revealing themselves to me and I'm getting to know them.

The sad part of this week was the attack on a Quebec mosque.  I had truly hoped that Canadians would see through the increase in hate-fueled venom being spewed by those seeking to hide their own fear by inspiring it in others.  But there are always those willing to seize on an excuse for their violent urges and they are in every nationality.

My heart goes out to the families who have lost fathers and husbands.  It aches for those whose sense of safety has been shattered, who question their place and welcome.  But I'm proud to be part of a nation who has reached out to embrace those who have been the targets of hatred.  It's too early for these words to matter much, but I hope that one day this event will be regulated to its proper perspective: the actions of a damaged man looking to hurt others.  

Men like him are the minority.  They do not speak for the rest of us.

No comments:

Post a Comment