Monday 27 February 2017

Weekly Update: February 19 to 25

Weekly word count: 4400

I've got around 21 000 words done on Judgment, book 4 of the lalassu.  I'll probably have to rewrite most of them but that's par for the course at this stage.  But the plot is coming together nicely and I've got some really interesting ideas to explore.

I've been doing a lot of research into different internment camps, the Japanese in World War II, modern refugee camps, and, of course, the Nazi concentration camps.  I'm surprised by the commonalities between them.  Perhaps I shouldn't have been.  There are only so many ways to bulk warehouse large numbers of people and then deal with the issues of sanitation, feeding them and keeping them contained.  It's a bit of a depressing realization.

The highlight of this week was getting to do my Beyond the Furrowed Brow presentation for the Low Country Romance Writers of America.  The ladies of LRWA were awesome and I am more than a little envious of the lovely February weather they're getting right now, vs my 3-4 feet of snow.

No comments:

Post a Comment