Monday 17 April 2017

Weekly Update: April 9 to 15

Weekly word count: 1200

One good writing day, the first one in almost 3 weeks.  Unfortunately followed by an extra long weekend with kids home.  Carving out writing time with the kids home is a challenge under the best of circumstances, so I gave myself permission not to push it.

Next week should be better.

I'm restarting Judgment.  I was about 30 000 words into the first draft, but I knew those were mostly going to go.  It almost always takes me two or three starts to get a good sense for my plot and where I want to go.  The first draft has too much backstory, too many coincidences and too many changes of direction (marked to be addressed in rewrites).

I also took a longing look at the manuscript I was trying to get ready for the RWA conference in 2018.  I wish I had the time to spend working on both.  I know one author who works on one series in the morning and another in the afternoon.  But right now, with kids, day job and several household crises, it's not going to happen.

I got all of my books, etc, in for Ad Astra.  I'm still waiting on buttons for Inquisition.  But I've got a full set of everything else.  Can't wait for my first vendor conference of 2017!

No comments:

Post a Comment