Monday 5 March 2018

Weekly Update: Feb 25 to March 3


Weekly word count: 1795 words

26 of 46 chapters edited

This week I came to a sad decision.  I looked at the calendar and with 20 chapters left to edit in 17 days, I need to focus on that instead of my WIP.

So for the next few weeks, the word count is going to be 0 and I'm going to have to be okay with that.

I got my cover for Judgment and I can't wait to share it with all of you.  I just want to get my pre-orders up and ready to go.

I also got the rights back to go non-exclusive for Metamorphosis and Whisper in the Dark, so those will be appearing in wide-distribution ebook stores soon.  And I've been looking at swag options for RTC.  I'll be doing my Beyond the Furrowed Brow talk and a Basics of Burlesque workshop while I'm there.

This month's ORWA meeting was a blast.  We had a local martial arts expert come in and give some practical demonstrations as to fighting and self-defense techniques.  Lots of good tips and the eternally practical advice of "The trouble with knowledge is that even idiots can have it."  Meaning, don't rely on fancy moves or a routine because life rarely goes the way you expect.  A variety of simple moves will be more effective, if you ever need to use it.

All right, back to the grindstone.

No comments:

Post a Comment